The whole Freifunk Luxembourg team wishes you a happy new year.
A lot has happened in 2019:
- installation of a new gateway
- implementation of an mailing list for our community
- pushing a major firmware release
- making FritzBox Freifunk compatible
- re-structuring our internal organization
In 2020 we plan to release the gluon 2019 firmware. This will bring a lot of wished features and functions.
- 5GHz compatibility for Luxembourg for our outdoor models
- Mesh on WAN configuration over the webgui
- Mesh on LAN configuration over the webgui
From our side, there is also a lot planned.
- re-setup of our GW2
- increasing the information regarding configuration, setup and running nodes
- Updating our website
- pushing model diversity
Sadly, not everything that is coming in 2020 will be good.
From gluon 2018.2.3 to 2020.X , all routers with ar71xx-tiny architecture will become depreciated. This means end-of-support for a lot of our favorite router models.
- DIR-615 (C1)
- TL-MR13U (v1)
- TL-MR3020 (v1)
- TL-MR3040 (v1, v2)
- TL-MR3220 (v1, v2)
- TL-MR3420 (v1, v2)
- TL-WA701N/ND (v1, v2)
- TL-WA730RE (v1)
- TL-WA750RE (v1)
- TL-WA801N/ND (v1, v2, v3)
- TL-WA830RE (v1, v2)
- TL-WA850RE (v1)
- TL-WA860RE (v1)
- TL-WA901N/ND (v1, v2, v3, v4, v5)
- TL-WA7210N (v2)
- TL-WA7510N (v1)
- TL-WR703N (v1)
- TL-WR710N (v2)
- TL-WR740N (v1, v3, v4, v5)
- TL-WR741N/ND (v1, v2, v4, v5)
- TL-WR743N/ND (v1, v2)
- TL-WR840N (v2)
- TL-WR841N/ND (v3, v5, v7, v8, v9, v10, v11, v12)
- TL-WR843N/ND (v1)
- TL-WR940N (v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, v6)
- TL-WR941ND (v2, v3, v4, v5, v6)
In case your Freifunk node is on this list, you have no reason to fear. We have already a few models in mind to replace them, they are as good and cheap as the old ones. We also have a way to re-flash the original OS on your routers.